- PRE-ORDER FOR DELIVERY IN JANUARY 2022.
- Grafted ontoD. Lotus rootstock.
- Medium-sized fruit. deep red-orange skin with pale orange flesh.
- A sweet. mild flavor.
- When your tree matures. it will be approximately 15 – 20′ tall
- Low chill hours. good choice for milder climates.
- Still hard when ripe. Fuyu/ Jiro is the most popular non-astringent cultivar in California.
- Also. called the Apple Persimmon.
- This tree requires full sun
- The attractive tree is practically pest-free and really easy to take care of. even on a lawn.
- There are two types of persimmon fruit: astringent and non-astringent.
- Beautiful tree in late fall when fruit hangs on trees after leaves have fallen.
- Striking. dark green leaves turn shades of yellow. orange. and red.
- Harvest 3rd year.
- grafted onto standard D. lotus rootstock
- zones 7-10. 200 chill hours
- Bare-root Fruit Trees areshipped dormant and bare-rooted.
Optimize Shipping:Shipping is calculated by box size.We can fit up to8 bare-root fruit trees in a box. Multi-budded fruit trees and Jujube trees will count as 2 due to branching. Optimize your shipping by ordering multiple trees.
Protect your tree from sunburn. insects & rodents withPLANT GUARDtreepaint & foliar spray.
Protect your roots from rodents withROOT GUARDthe original gopher wire basket.
Feed your fruit tree withRomeo Plant Food.This water-soluble fertilizer is great for in-ground or in-container growing.
- Optimize Shipping:Shipping is calculated by box size.We can fit up to8 bare-root fruit trees in a box. Multi-budded fruit trees and Jujube trees will count as 2 due to branching. Optimize your shipping by ordering multiple trees.
- No customer pick-up
- We can ship our “Other Edibles” (non-citrus plants) and growing accessories to most states. including Texas. Arizona. or Florida.
- Sorry. we do not ship any items to the US Virgin Islands. Guam. Puerto Rico or to API/APO addresses. or to other countries at this time.
- The Premium sized trees. measured from the top of the root ball. are 24-36ﾡﾱ tall.
- Within a month of delivery. we suggest repotting into a larger (10-12″ diameter) container.
- Like citrus trees. deciduous trees appreciate a well-aerated growing medium that retains moisture and also drains well. Provide full sun. regular feeding. and good drainage to keep the tree happy and productive.
- Our trees are measured by trunk caliper.
- Trunk size may vary slightly based on availability during the season.
- The average bare-root trunk size is 1/2″.
All of our bare root fruit trees will come pruned so that the reduced root mass is balanced with the canopy to maximize grower success. Our bare root fruit trees are headed back to fit in the 60″ tall box that they will ship in. Branches are seldom removed during this process unless dead or damaged and are only reduced to fit the tree in the box so that the grower can decide what branches to keep or remove. This is done in a way that will allow the home grower to continue to grow the tree as a central leader or prune the tree to an open center.
- This fruit tree is shipped dormant and bare-rooted.