- PRE-ORDER FOR DELIVERY IN JANUARY 2022.
- PossibleVarieties: Fuji. Gala. Mutsu. Jonagold
- Grafted on to M106 Rootstock.
- These Multi-grafted apple trees bring the joy and flavor of a mini orchard in an even smaller space.
- Multiple-budded (“Multi-budded”) fruit trees will give you3 or more fine selections of tree-ripened fruit from the space of a single tree.
- Compared to single-variety fruit trees. multiple-budded trees require some special consideration. especially with regard to pruning.
- Always plant the smallest limb (the “weakest” bud) to the south/southwest to ensure that it gets plenty of sunlight.
- Cut back the strongest growing varieties by 2/3rds.
- Cut back the weakest variety by 1/2 ﾡﾪor not at all.
- Do notlet one variety take over – or one or more of the others may fail. Prune back the more aggressive limbs.
- After the third season. maintain the multiple-budded tree so that each fruit type grows in balance with the others.
- This fruit tree is shipped dormant and bare-rooted.
Optimize Shipping:Shipping is calculated by box size.We can fit up to8 bare-root fruit trees in a box. Multi-budded fruit trees and Jujube trees will count as 2 due to branching. Optimize your shipping by ordering multiple trees.
Protect your tree from sunburn. insects & rodents withPLANT GUARDtreepaint & foliar spray.
Protect your roots from rodents withROOT GUARDthe original gopher wire basket.
Feed your fruit tree withRomeo Plant Food.This water-soluble fertilizer is great for in-ground or in-container growing.
(Photois representational and not necessarily the actual varieties.)
- Optimize Shipping:Shipping is calculated by box size.We can fit up to8 bare-root fruit trees in a box. Multi-budded fruit trees and Jujube trees will count as 2 due to branching. Optimize your shipping by ordering multiple trees.
- No customer pick-up
- Bare root trees are pruned to 48″which facilitates strongerroot growth.
- Our bare root trees ship in special boxes with their roots bagged in moist sawdust.
- We can ship our “Other Edibles” (non-citrus plants) and growing accessories to most states. including Texas. Arizona. or Florida.
- Sorry. we do not ship any items to the US Virgin Islands. Guam. Puerto Rico or to API/APO addresses. or to other countries at this time.
- The trees are approximately 2 years old.
- Our trees are measured by trunk caliper.
- Trunk size may vary slightly based on availability during the season.
- The average trunk size is 1/2″-5/8″.
All of our bare root fruit trees will come pruned so that the reduced root mass is balanced with the canopy to maximize grower success. Our bare root fruit trees are headed back to fit in the 60″ tall box that they will ship in. Branches are seldom removed during this process unless dead or damaged and are only reduced to fit the tree in the box so that the grower can decide what branches to keep or remove. This is done in a way that will allow the home grower to continue to grow the tree as a central leader or prune the tree to an open center.
The tree will be shipped dormant and bare-rooted.